Leave your personal message here. All visitors will be able to read it.
If you prefer to contact Kees Helder personally, please use the e-mail page.
Looking at all those Photographs brings all the memories flooding back.
I often think where are all my old ship mates now. Just short poem That I found from an Old Ex-Gravesender
David Foy (boots/DB)
Hope to hear from antine that knows me.
The days of my youth have long since gone by
But the memories flood back with a smile, or a sigh.
They speed through my mind like birds in full flight
And they are all just like ships that pass through the night
Some memories I have are like dreams in my sleep
And I know forever those dreams I will keep.
They are all just like stars that are shining so bright
But they are still just like ships that passed in the night.
I go back to the years when I first went to sea
And I was so young, so happy so free.
I thought that this life for me was just right
Now those years are like ships that passed in the night.
My first trip was a nightmare I did nothing but throw up.
But it taught me the speed that I had to grow up.
The ship tossed and rolled against the waves might
With no help from the other ships that passed in the night.
But those years on the ships I soon learned to adore
So many new places for me to explore.
There were big shoals of Dolphins-what a wonderful sight
Now they are all just like ships that passed in the night.
N the lands that I visited I saw more and more
Of manís different cultures on a far distant shore.
But no matter how hard or desperate their plight,
We were just on a ship that passed in the night
Any place in the world was our port of call,
In a country so great or ever so small.
No matter if black, no matter if white,
We were still just a ship that passed in the night.
Each ship that we joined we would soon make new friends
Never to see them again when that voyage ends.
It was somehow accepted that it was so right.
That we were all ships that passed in the night.
But the best days of all, especially for me,
Were the days that we spent out there on the sea.
The hours spent alone looking out for a light
So we could stay clear of that ship that passed in the night.
Now Iíll always remember my nautical friends
And the adventures we shared, whatever life sends.
No truer words can pass through my lips
I loved all those nights that passed on those ships.
Michael J. Kenn (A Gravesender)
- Barney Boylan (1): Hi to all my fellow crew members on MV Amastra 49 ..
- Frans Willemse: In 1965 a promotion movie was made by Dutch Shellt..
- Joop Van Den Berg: My father was the 4th engineer on board of the Let..
- Erne Barr: Hi lads, l sailed on the Megara in 1970, joined in..
- Mick Cardiff: Ahoy shipmates, Shell Tankers (UK) Ltd is on Faceb..
- Hennie Petersen: Hello. I am a collector and in search for launchin..
- James Mc Evoy: taking a trip down memory lane..
- John Frearson: Looking for any ship mates who saled on the Vercon..
- Bep De Man: Hallo,ik ben Bep de Man,en ik heb bij Shell tanker..
- Bob: In the early 1960's, I was a teenager living on th..
- Maurice Halton: Joined the San Gaspar in Wallsend circa 1961 as 1s..
- Capt. John Peter Briand: Message to Bernard Reynolds.
Sorry to read of y..
- Eduard Van Helden: Happy New Year everyone and all th best...
- Glyn Howell: Happy New Year Everyone. I served on Velutina, Nan..
- Brian Lindo: Wishing you all a Merry Festive Season and the ver..
- Mick Cardiff: Merry Christmas shipmates..
IT'S ALL KICKING OFF ..
- Stewart Mulvenna: Hello Paul Ayers ,I remember you very well.l think..
- P.j.m. Van Der Ende: I wish you a merry christmass and a happy newyear
- Mick Cardiff: Merry Christmas shipmates. Don't forget you can al..
- Paul Ayers: Stewart Mulvenna did you sail as chief cook,I thin..
- Roger Duke: SS Helcion SS Vermetus SS Hinea Apprentice Engine..
- Duurt Beukema: i was radio officer on the ships
- Jan Mensert: When getting older, you think more about the past...
- Stewart Mulvenna: Joined Hemisinus in April 72 and was their until A..
- Tom Edgar: Niso (1944) Navicella, Neocardia, Empire Mc Mahon,..
- Brian Lindo: Are you looking for your old Shipmates, do you wan..
- Ton Zuidema: Hello, i sailed as OS and AB in1967 till 1969 on t..
- Trevor Harris: I too sailed with Mike Harding on this trip really..
- Linda Wright: Doe's anybody remember Gordon Edwin Grinton..
- Vic Evans: Hi everyone,
Was a 5th Engineer on HYDATINA 1971/..
- Leonard Fox: I served on Amoria(1) out of Singapore in 1968 and..
- William Hoey: I was on various shell tankers but my favourite on..
- Brian Lindo: You have seen the ships on this excellent site Hel..
- Mick Cardiff: Hi, guys, come and join us on Facebook. Shell Tank..
- Robert Donoghue: G'day all, I was on SS Hemiplecta 1961 - 1963.
- Gordon Gill: A great site listing all the ships. My short caree..
- Nick Mcvey: Hello. My father Gerald Mcvey and he was in the me..
- Gijs Van Der Starre: Dear visitors, I was a 5th engineer on the tts "Ka..
- Souhabi Djamel Eddine: hello,
I want information about attack of PETRO..
- James Mc Evoy:
I sailed on shell tanker for about three years..
- Colin Wood: I was on the CORAL RIVER ex KELLITIA (1) are my ex..
- Derrick Benfell: It was a great pleasure when acting as the Port Ag..
- Paul Nicholls: I sailed on the Haminella in the late 1960's when ..
- Paul Van Wadenoijen: I was 5 or 6 when my uncle told me about his trips..
- G√ľnther Spruit: Hallo Kees.
Na vele jaren toch weer eens op je ..
- Mick Cardiff: Shell Tankers (UK) Ltd is on Facebook. Come and jo..
- Gerard Mahony Jos (paddy): I sailed as a JOS on Shell Tanker "Venassa" Jan. 1..
- David Searle: My Grandfather (William Conbeer) served as 7th eng..
- Jazper Hoorn: Ben ondertussen 69 jaar en denk nog(soms steeds va..
- Cornelis Ganur: Dear administration of Helderline.com