Leave your personal message here. All visitors will be able to read it.
If you prefer to contact Kees Helder personally, please use the e-mail page.
Good afternoon Kees,
What a a very nice Xmas present I received today!!
While reading the today's Maritime Press Clippings 2014-355 I saw your website and off course I opened and enjoyed all the Shell Tankers news. I joined Shell Tankers B.V. as Deck Apprentice in 1961 (Kryptos). Being transferred to the flagship Ondina in 1962 and on duty the 8th May 1962 and having a large collision in the Strait of Gibraltar. When the Ondina arrived slow steaming in Rotterdam for drydocking I signed off and had to appear several times for the internal Shell enquiry team! Finally I completed my sailing time as Deck Apprentice on board the Kabylia in 1962.
I retired early 1993 as a Master and since 1993 I am a free lance nautical adviser and simulator teacher within Marine Safety Rotterdam B.V. , STC BV simulator center in Rotterdam and UT STC in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and still going on in the simulation world! Certainly a lot of Shell fleet personnel might remember me working ashore for Shell as Ass. Marine Superintendent at Amlwch Port (Anglesey, Wales), Marine superintendent at Durban, Oil loss abatement team member In Curacao and Venezuela, Oil loss controller
in Rotterdam deep sea terminals.
I will sent U some pictures, anecdotes etc as soon as I have time available!! Wishing all of U a Merry Christmas and a Healthy Prosperous and Happy 2015.
Also hope a lot of ex Shell Tankers personnel will be a member and making your website more known and improve all the information on your website too!!!
Best regards Ton van Haaften
- Kees De Wijs: My first ships were ms Gadila and ms Mitra. Long, ..
- Jonathan Takaria: I join STBV Nov-1990 until 1994.
my first ships w..
- Robert Paterson: Joined Hinnites in 1975, she was sandbagged everyw..
- Robert Lee: i joined sts"axina" in singapore aged 16 in 1971 i..
- Goedgeluk Bj:
My first thoughts go aboard the katelysia, so ..
- Goedgeluk Bj: 18 years remaining on the Khasiella, we need to ea..
- Goedgeluk Bj: de Vasum 1957 Khasiella 58 Cinulia 59 Amaea 61 vit..
- Henry Edmunds: Hello Glyn Howell. Though I wasn't shipmates with ..
- Tony O'Brien: Hello,
History note: I have a postcard from Joh..
- Michiel Tom: Looking for infomation about one of the life boats..
- Gillis Van Der Linden: Wie kan mij helpen aan de namen van de bemanning d..
- Gillis Van Der Linden: Can I ride de list off de crew from de Vitrea off ..
- Alan Briggs:
Great first trip to sea on the Hemifusus 1959..
- Glenn Mellonius: !!! Great internet site !!! Very well done Kees H..
- Bob Strick: I came from Union Castle passenger ships to STUK w..
- Bob Strick: Stood by building in Odense for 2 months in the lo..
- Diane Earl: Were you on Hemicardium in June 1965?
- Barney Boylan (1): Hi to all my fellow crew members on MV Amastra 49 ..
- Frans Willemse: In 1965 a promotion movie was made by Dutch Shellt..
- Joop Van Den Berg: My father was the 4th engineer on board of the Let..
- Erne Barr: Hi lads, l sailed on the Megara in 1970, joined in..
- Mick Cardiff: Ahoy shipmates, Shell Tankers (UK) Ltd is on Faceb..
- Hennie Petersen: Hello. I am a collector and in search for launchin..
- James Mc Evoy: taking a trip down memory lane..
- John Frearson: Looking for any ship mates who saled on the Vercon..
- Bep De Man: Hallo,ik ben Bep de Man,en ik heb bij Shell tanker..
- Bob: In the early 1960's, I was a teenager living on th..
- Maurice Halton: Joined the San Gaspar in Wallsend circa 1961 as 1s..
- Capt. John Peter Briand: Message to Bernard Reynolds.
Sorry to read of y..
- Eduard Van Helden: Happy New Year everyone and all th best...
- Glyn Howell: Happy New Year Everyone. I served on Velutina, Nan..
- Brian Lindo: Wishing you all a Merry Festive Season and the ver..
- Mick Cardiff: Merry Christmas shipmates..
IT'S ALL KICKING OFF ..
- Stewart Mulvenna: Hello Paul Ayers ,I remember you very well.l think..
- P.j.m. Van Der Ende: I wish you a merry christmass and a happy newyear
- Mick Cardiff: Merry Christmas shipmates. Don't forget you can al..
- Paul Ayers: Stewart Mulvenna did you sail as chief cook,I thin..
- Roger Duke: SS Helcion SS Vermetus SS Hinea Apprentice Engine..
- Duurt Beukema: i was radio officer on the ships
- Jan Mensert: When getting older, you think more about the past...
- Stewart Mulvenna: Joined Hemisinus in April 72 and was their until A..
- Tom Edgar: Niso (1944) Navicella, Neocardia, Empire Mc Mahon,..
- Brian Lindo: Are you looking for your old Shipmates, do you wan..
- Ton Zuidema: Hello, i sailed as OS and AB in1967 till 1969 on t..
- Trevor Harris: I too sailed with Mike Harding on this trip really..
- Linda Wright: Doe's anybody remember Gordon Edwin Grinton..
- Vic Evans: Hi everyone,
Was a 5th Engineer on HYDATINA 1971/..
- Leonard Fox: I served on Amoria(1) out of Singapore in 1968 and..
- William Hoey: I was on various shell tankers but my favourite on..
- Brian Lindo: You have seen the ships on this excellent site Hel..