Leave your personal message here. All visitors will be able to read it.
If you prefer to contact Kees Helder personally, please use the e-mail page.
Joined on 25th July, 1958 when ship was laid up in Firth of Forth, she was basically a dead ship at that time with nothing, absolutely nothing, working on board. About 5 of us, all engineers I think, were put on board with a drum of diesel fuel and told to get the ship working asap so she could sail to Rotterdam for dry dock. The diesel was to get a generator working so we could have power and lighting. There was a superintendent in part time attendance but he stayed ashore in a hotel, we lived on the ship whilst we got it ready. Over the next few days we got her working as a skeleton crew joined and we sailed for Rotterdam on 29th July. The ship was in dry dock from 4th August until 25th September when we set sail for Fao in Persian Gulf.
I remained on the ship until 19th April 1959 when I was paid off, coincidentally in Rotterdam.
Hard work but thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Goedgeluk Bj: de Vasum 1957 Khasiella 58 Cinulia 59 Amaea 61 vit..
- Henry Edmunds: Hello Glyn Howell. Though I wasn't shipmates with ..
- Tony O'Brien: Hello,
History note: I have a postcard from Joh..
- Michiel Tom: Looking for infomation about one of the life boats..
- Gillis Van Der Linden: Wie kan mij helpen aan de namen van de bemanning d..
- Gillis Van Der Linden: Can I ride de list off de crew from de Vitrea off ..
- Alan Briggs:
Great first trip to sea on the Hemifusus 1959..
- Glenn Mellonius: !!! Great internet site !!! Very well done Kees H..
- Bob Strick: I came from Union Castle passenger ships to STUK w..
- Bob Strick: Stood by building in Odense for 2 months in the lo..
- Diane Earl: Were you on Hemicardium in June 1965?
- Barney Boylan (1): Hi to all my fellow crew members on MV Amastra 49 ..
- Frans Willemse: In 1965 a promotion movie was made by Dutch Shellt..
- Joop Van Den Berg: My father was the 4th engineer on board of the Let..
- Erne Barr: Hi lads, l sailed on the Megara in 1970, joined in..
- Mick Cardiff: Ahoy shipmates, Shell Tankers (UK) Ltd is on Faceb..
- Hennie Petersen: Hello. I am a collector and in search for launchin..
- James Mc Evoy: taking a trip down memory lane..
- John Frearson: Looking for any ship mates who saled on the Vercon..
- Bep De Man: Hallo,ik ben Bep de Man,en ik heb bij Shell tanker..
- Bob: In the early 1960's, I was a teenager living on th..
- Maurice Halton: Joined the San Gaspar in Wallsend circa 1961 as 1s..
- Capt. John Peter Briand: Message to Bernard Reynolds.
Sorry to read of y..
- Eduard Van Helden: Happy New Year everyone and all th best...
- Glyn Howell: Happy New Year Everyone. I served on Velutina, Nan..
- Brian Lindo: Wishing you all a Merry Festive Season and the ver..
- Mick Cardiff: Merry Christmas shipmates..
IT'S ALL KICKING OFF ..
- Stewart Mulvenna: Hello Paul Ayers ,I remember you very well.l think..
- P.j.m. Van Der Ende: I wish you a merry christmass and a happy newyear
- Mick Cardiff: Merry Christmas shipmates. Don't forget you can al..
- Paul Ayers: Stewart Mulvenna did you sail as chief cook,I thin..
- Roger Duke: SS Helcion SS Vermetus SS Hinea Apprentice Engine..
- Duurt Beukema: i was radio officer on the ships
- Jan Mensert: When getting older, you think more about the past...
- Stewart Mulvenna: Joined Hemisinus in April 72 and was their until A..
- Tom Edgar: Niso (1944) Navicella, Neocardia, Empire Mc Mahon,..
- Brian Lindo: Are you looking for your old Shipmates, do you wan..
- Ton Zuidema: Hello, i sailed as OS and AB in1967 till 1969 on t..
- Trevor Harris: I too sailed with Mike Harding on this trip really..
- Linda Wright: Doe's anybody remember Gordon Edwin Grinton..
- Vic Evans: Hi everyone,
Was a 5th Engineer on HYDATINA 1971/..
- Leonard Fox: I served on Amoria(1) out of Singapore in 1968 and..
- William Hoey: I was on various shell tankers but my favourite on..
- Brian Lindo: You have seen the ships on this excellent site Hel..
- Mick Cardiff: Hi, guys, come and join us on Facebook. Shell Tank..
- Robert Donoghue: G'day all, I was on SS Hemiplecta 1961 - 1963.
- Gordon Gill: A great site listing all the ships. My short caree..
- Nick Mcvey: Hello. My father Gerald Mcvey and he was in the me..
- Gijs Van Der Starre: Dear visitors, I was a 5th engineer on the tts "Ka..
- Souhabi Djamel Eddine: hello,
I want information about attack of PETRO..