- Name: San Lorenzo
- Imo number: 1136639
- Year of construction: 1914
- Discarded in: 1928
- Status: Sailing / Sailed for The Eagle Tanker Company
- Class: San (Eagle Oil)
- Tonnage: 12.097
- Yard: Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson Shipbuilders Wallsend UK
- Construction number: 935
- Flag: Great Britain
- Callsign: JDVQ
- Owner: The Eagle Tanker Company Ltd
- Extra information: Completed 1914 as San Lorenzo for Eagle Oil. 3-6-1917 torpedoed off NW Ireland, towed in and repaired. 1928 Sold to A/S Oran, Norway and renamed Ole Wegger and converted into a Whale factory ship. 14-1-1941 captured in the Antarctic, by the German raider Pinguin and taken to Bordeaux by a German prize. Sunk by the Germans as a block ship at Rouen. Salvaged and towed to the UK after the War and in 1947 sold to Swedish ship breakers at Gothenburg.
Last modification: Thursday 5th January 2017 at 16:31:03
Do you have great stories, interesting adventures or spectacular events you enjoyed at the 'San Lorenzo'? Feel free to write an anecdote and share it with our other visitors.
Jane Bevis: "My Great Uncle Joseph Victor Wilde was 5th Engineer on the SS San Lorenzo in 1920/21. He was born i..." read more »
Desmond Doyle: "San Lorenzo (1914-28). 3/6/17 Torpedoed off NW Ireland, towed in and repaired. 1917 Tonnage openin..." read more »
Picture(s) of the Shell Tanker 'San Lorenzo'
Shipmates on the Shell Tanker 'San Lorenzo'
There are no sailors yet. Be the first and add your name!
Add yourself to the 'San Lorenzo'
Let others know you worked at the 'San Lorenzo' and find old friends.
Do you have more information about or pictures of the 'San Lorenzo' (or any other) Shell tanker?
Please do e-mail me!