Ben Harold Smith
- Name: Ben Harold Smith
- Imo number: 5040433
- Year of construction: 1952
- Discarded in: 1975
- Status: Sailing / Sailed for Shell-Mex & BP
- Class: Coastal tanker
- Tonnage: 325
- Yard: Rowhedge Ironworks Colchester UK
- Construction number: 742
- Flag: Great Britain
- Callsign: GPSJ
- Owner: Shell Mex & BP Ltd. UK
- Extra information: Launched on 22-5-1952 by Mrs Harold G Smith, wife of a Director of the National Benzole Co Ltd. Completed 1952 as Ben Harold Smith for National Benzole Comp. 1959 sold to Shell-Mex & BP. 1975 transferred to BP Oil and renamed BP Zest in 1976. 1980 sold to Gamma Navigation and renamed Gamma. 1982 renamed Doxa. 1996 sold to Thalassopouli Maritime and renamed Vasoula. 2012 still sailing.
Last modification: Thursday 16th July 2015 at 19:53:26
Do you have great stories, interesting adventures or spectacular events you enjoyed at the 'Ben Harold Smith'? Feel free to write an anecdote and share it with our other visitors.
Geoffrey Nicks: "Both the Ben Harold Smith and the Ben Sadler were river tankers,the skipper and mate on both of them..." read more »
Picture(s) of the Shell Tanker 'Ben Harold Smith'
Shipmates on the Shell Tanker 'Ben Harold Smith'
Add yourself to the 'Ben Harold Smith'
Let others know you worked at the 'Ben Harold Smith' and find old friends.
Do you have more information about or pictures of the 'Ben Harold Smith' (or any other) Shell tanker?
Please do e-mail me!