- Name: Ben Hebden
- Imo number: 5040445
- Year of construction: 1947
- Discarded in: 1965
- Status: Sailing / Sailed for Shell-Mex & BP
- Class: Coastal tanker
- Tonnage: 410
- Yard: Rowhedge Ironworks Colchester UK
- Construction number: 675
- Flag: Great Britain
- Callsign: G..
- Owner: Shell Mex & BP Ltd. UK
- Extra information: Launched on 22-4-1947 by Mrs G.A.Hebden, wife of a Director of National Benzole Co Ltd. Completed 1947 as Ben Hebden for National Benzole Comp. 1959 sold to Shell-MEX & BP. 1965 sold to Penfolds and converted into a gravel dredger. Renamed Pen Itchen. 1966 sold to Fleetwood Sand and Travel. 1976 scrapped Fleetwood.
Last modification: Thursday 16th July 2015 at 19:51:31
Do you have great stories, interesting adventures or spectacular events you enjoyed at the 'Ben Hebden'? Feel free to write an anecdote and share it with our other visitors.
Mike Ellard: "Took her to Southampton docks to be sold to a scrap metal dealer so said at the time
3rd March 1964..." read more »
Picture(s) of the Shell Tanker 'Ben Hebden'
Shipmates on the Shell Tanker 'Ben Hebden'
Add yourself to the 'Ben Hebden'
Let others know you worked at the 'Ben Hebden' and find old friends.
Do you have more information about or pictures of the 'Ben Hebden' (or any other) Shell tanker?
Please do e-mail me!