- Name: Simunye
- Ex name(s): Engen Simunye
- Imo number: 9111058
- Year of construction: 1997
- Discarded in: 2002
- Status: Sailing / Sailed for Shell Australia
- Class: Coastal tanker
- Tonnage: 39.540
- Yard: Stocznia Szczecinska Yard
- Construction number: B573
- Flag: Marshall Islands
- Callsign: J8QU3 / V7OW7
- Owner: Shell Tankers Australia
- Extra information: Completed 1997 as Engen Simunye for Unicorn Shipping. 2000 renamed Simunya and in charter for Shell Australia. 2002 to Catalina Navigation. 2005 sold to Blystad Ship and renamed Team Anja. 2007 renamed Siteam Anja. Ran aground off Punta del Este on 17-5-2016 after engine room flooded. Damage to ballest tanks & engine room bottom plating.
Refloated 6-6-2016 & towed to Rio de Janeiro. Sold to Turkish breakers in tow of tug Far Scout.
Last modification: Thursday 28th July 2016 at 09:41:42
Do you have great stories, interesting adventures or spectacular events you enjoyed at the 'Simunye'? Feel free to write an anecdote and share it with our other visitors.
Ian Louw: "I am thankful for the learning experience and all the places I have visited .I am grateful meeting a..." read more »
Picture(s) of the Shell Tanker 'Simunye'
Shipmates on the Shell Tanker 'Simunye'
Add yourself to the 'Simunye'
Let others know you worked at the 'Simunye' and find old friends.
Do you have more information about or pictures of the 'Simunye' (or any other) Shell tanker?
Please do e-mail me!