- Name: Crenella
- Ex name(s): Montcalm
- Imo number: 1106869
- Year of construction: 1897
- Discarded in: 1917
- Status: Sailing / Sailed for Anglo-Saxon / Shell Tankers UK / STUK
- Class: Chemical / Oil Product Tanker
- Tonnage: 7.166
- Yard: Palmer's Shipbuilding & Iron Comp. Newcastle on Tyne UK
- Construction number: 724
- Flag: Great Britain
- Callsign: GFMT
- Owner: Anglo-Saxon / Shell Tankers U.K.
- Extra information: Completed 1897 as Montcalm for British-African S.S. Liverpool. 1903 sold to Canadian Pacific Raiway. 1914 taken over Admirality. 1916 converted to a tanker and sold to Anglo-Saxon. Renamed Crenella. 1917 to Shipping Controller. 1923 sold to Neilsen Whaling Norway for conversion to whaling depot ship and renamed Rey Alfonso. 1927 sold to Anglo Norse Haugesund and renamed Anglo Norse. 1929 sold Falklands Whaling and renamed Polar Chief. 1941 renamed Empire Chief. 1946 sold Salvesen Leith and renamed Polar Chief. 29-4-1952 arrived Dalmuir for scrap.
Last modification: Thursday 16th April 2015 at 11:48:26
Do you have great stories, interesting adventures or spectacular events you enjoyed at the 'Crenella'? Feel free to write an anecdote and share it with our other visitors.
Picture(s) of the Shell Tanker 'Crenella'
Shipmates on the Shell Tanker 'Crenella'
There are no sailors yet. Be the first and add your name!
Add yourself to the 'Crenella'
Let others know you worked at the 'Crenella' and find old friends.
Do you have more information about or pictures of the 'Crenella' (or any other) Shell tanker?
Please do e-mail me!