- Name: Rapana (2)
- Ex name(s): San Giusto
- Imo number: 7334163
- Year of construction: 1973
- Discarded in: 1991
- Status: Sailing / Sailed for Anglo-Saxon / Shell Tankers UK / STUK
- Class: Bulkcarrier
- Tonnage: 227.408
- Yard: Gotaverken Shipyard Arendal Sweden
- Construction number: 867
- Flag: Isle of Man
- Callsign: MKYW
- Owner: Anglo-Saxon / Shell Tankers U.K.
- Extra information: Completed 1973 as Runa for Rederi Ruth Norway. 1973 sold to Armatrice Santa Chiara Italy and renamed San Giusto. 1980 in bare-boat charter for SHELL COAL Int. and renamed Rapana. 22-9-1990 explosion and fire during tank cleaning in Lisbon. 1991 sold to Tsakos Shipping Greece and renamed Iliada. 1993 sold to Argenos Maritime Cyprus and renamed Omiros. 4-2-1999 arrived Gadani Beach for scrap.
Last modification: Monday 27th February 2017 at 21:06:50
Do you have great stories, interesting adventures or spectacular events you enjoyed at the 'Rapana (2)'? Feel free to write an anecdote and share it with our other visitors.
Kenny Webb: "First OBO ship I was ever on scary when first loading in BRAZIL and seeing the way we just went down..." read more »
Nick Roberts: "I joined her in the October 1981 as she came into NWE to discharge an oil cargo in Rotterdam, then t..." read more »
Roy Halsall: "Rapana,
Neither a tanker or a bulker.
Unlucky from the start. ( Since Joe Shell took h..." read more »
John Bishop: "was onboard with explosion
..." read more »
Stephen Povey: "2nd Officer during the explosion of 1990...." read more »
Stephen Povey: "2nd Mate on The Rapana during the ill fated incident of 1990...." read more »
John Connelly: "I beleive the chief officer who was killed on the Rapana explosion was Dave Camish.
I sailed with D..." read more »
Picture(s) of the Shell Tanker 'Rapana (2)'
Shipmates on the Shell Tanker 'Rapana (2)'
Add yourself to the 'Rapana (2)'
Let others know you worked at the 'Rapana (2)' and find old friends.
Do you have more information about or pictures of the 'Rapana (2)' (or any other) Shell tanker?
Please do e-mail me!