- Name: Ninety Six
- Imo number: 2238437
- Year of construction: 1945
- Discarded in: 1947
- Status: Sailing / Sailed for Anglo-Saxon / Shell Tankers UK / STUK
- Class: T2
- Tonnage: 10.277
- Yard: Alabama D.D. & Shipbuilding Mobile USA
- Construction number: 347
- Flag: Great Britain
- Callsign: G...
- Owner: Anglo-Saxon / Shell Tankers U.K.
- Extra information: Completed 1945 as Ninety Six for U.S.M.C. 1947 purchased by Anglo-Saxon. 1947 sold to Southern Trading and renamed Atlantic Transporter. 1953 sold to Pan Ocean. 1956 renamed Panoceanic Transporter. 1958 sold to Penn Nav. and renamed Penn Transporter. 1960 converted to dry cargo ship. 1971 sold to Overseas Bulkshipping and renamed Henna. 1971 hull cracked and sunk.
Last modification: Tuesday 21st April 2015 at 11:58:13
Do you have great stories, interesting adventures or spectacular events you enjoyed at the 'Ninety Six'? Feel free to write an anecdote and share it with our other visitors.
Mike Chemel: "The Penn Transporter was my "first ship" as a seaman. I signed on in 1966 from the SIU office in Hou..." read more »
Picture(s) of the Shell Tanker 'Ninety Six'
Shipmates on the Shell Tanker 'Ninety Six'
Add yourself to the 'Ninety Six'
Let others know you worked at the 'Ninety Six' and find old friends.
Do you have more information about or pictures of the 'Ninety Six' (or any other) Shell tanker?
Please do e-mail me!